July 2019 Makeup Favorites
So I figured I'd start blogging my monthly favorites. I'm going to go in the order in which I apply my makeup
1. Serum - I have been loving this Murad Revitalixir Recovery Serum. It leaves my skin feeling super hydrated and it has a bit of glow to it which is a bonus.
2. Moisturizer - I have been using the Clinique ID oil control gel with the concentrate pump for irritation. I use this pump because I decided to start dermaplaning my face and I was unsure of how my skin would react. I'll discuss the dermaplaning in another post. I prefer gel moisturizers because I find that they work best for oily skin.
3. Under Eye Cream - I absolutely love the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment. I do not apply this every time I apply my makeup but I do use it quite often. It'f not oily at all and leaves your skin feeling perfect for your makeup application.
4. Primer - I will try ANYTHING that will help mattify my skin. This CoverGirl Full Spectrum Primer has been my best buddy lately. For one, I love that it is a drugstore product AND it works. I don't use a lot of it and I only need it in my T zone but I suggest this to all oily skin chicas! Let me know if you have tried this...
5. Foundation - it's hard for me to narrow it down to just one foundation because I tend to mix my foundations. Very seldom do I use just one foundation on at a time. So for my top tow for the month, I guess I would have to go with my Nars Natural Radiant and my Bobbi Brown Weightless Foundation. To me, they are not in any way the epitome of a full coverage foundation but together they are amazing. They are both oil free so I'm not super oily and I don't experience creasing with them which is a plus, especially when you wear sunglasses and glasses often.
6. Concealer - I have been using Milani Conceal + Perfect Concealer. It is full coverage and just as the name says - conceal + perfect.
7. Sculpting - I have gone back to my trusty Anastasia Cream Contour palette. I mix the colors chocolate and espresso which is perfect for my skin tone.
8. Setting Powder - I have been using RCMA translucent powder. I don't bake, I more like microwave lol. If I leave any powder under my eyes too long, it will make my under eye look too dry.
9. Contour Powder - Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette has been my go to. It has the perfect red undertone that I prefer in a contour powder.
10. Finishing Powder - I like that Black Radiance Soft Focus Powder. I use it to set my face and it brings everything together for me.
11. Bronzer - MAC Sun Power Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. It is a deep terracotta bronze that gives you a perfect bronze look. It's an oldie but goodie that everyone should have in their kit. To me, it seems to work for most complexions.
12. Highlighter - Pretty Vulgar Shimmering Swan Glow Up. To me it is the perfect highlight for any complexion. I actually received this in my boxycharm a few weeks back and I haven't been able to put it down.
13. Brows - NYX Micro Brow pencil in the color brunette. Since I have colored my hair blonde, I find that the dark pencils and pomades are a bit too dark for my hair and brunette has been perfect. I clean up under my brows with the same concealer that I use to highlight under my eye with.
14. Mascara - I have been using the maybelline snapscara. I don't like a whole lot of mascara because for me taking mascara off can just be so messy. I absolutely hate when I have to wear waterproof mascara because it just seems like it just does not come off no matter what you use.
14. Liner - NYX Epic Liner & Colourpop Cream liners. I have been liking to use a colored liner every now and again but I have to pair it with a solid black line.
15. Lashes - I ONLY USE SHE IS... BEAUTEEE lashes. I wear every style. They are all my favorites and they should be yours too!
16. Setting Spray - I have been using Urban Decay De-Slick. It definitely helps with mattifying the makeup and it takes away the powder look. In my opinion it is one of the best setting sprays out there. I don't think I have tried anything yet that works for me better.